Re: [OM] 35RD questions

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RD questions
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:08:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Keith (R.K.) Berry wrote:

> It's been a while since I used one of these but based on my 35RC you select
> the GN with a little lever and then the flash symbol on the aperture ring.

And the aperture would then open up when you depress the shutter
release, presumably to fully open at infinity and to a smaller setting
at closer distances?  This one doesn't do that, so I think it's going
back to the shop.

> The first 35RD that I've seen advertised for a long time was in this week's
> AP - Eagles of Sunderland - for £45 or around half what I'd expect to pay
> for a good one.

Oddly enough, that's the very one.

> I had one on approval some years ago but I returned it as
> its lens wasn't up to the standard of the 35RC

I'll see what the film comes out like - there's some delta 400 in it
atm, which should have enough latitude & sharpness to make some sort of
assessment even if the manual settings are wildly off.

> and I found the shutter and
> aperture rings too close together for easy use.

I do find the aperture ring slightly awkward, being quite narrow and
right next to the body, but it's hard so see how it could get any
further from the shutter ring, which is right at the other end of the
lens.  Is the lens longer on an RC?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |