[OM] OM-Denmark are really cool...:)

Subject: [OM] OM-Denmark are really cool...:)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <t.clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:24:48 -0700
Hi all,

Today has been a very good day for me ;)

As many of you know, I've had a few issues regarding repairing and
general overhaul of OM-cameras. I recently contacted Olympus Denmark
per phone to hear if they still perform service on the older
OM-cameras. I spoke with a nice person there, who (apparently) was a
Zuikoholic himself (at least he was crying as much over the lack of
support for the manual OM-series from Olympus as I). He informed me,
that yes, they still do service all OM-gear, yes they do it in-house,
yes they do have spare-parts for the gear. And that the expected
time for most operations on an OM-body would be about one month these
days (possibly shorter, but that would be "worst case"). They also do
take in cameras, evaluate their conditions and give a price-estimate
(and a chance to say go/no-go) before they start the repair.

I've decided to give them my OM2n to work on. It needs a general
overhaul and adjustment of the meter - perhaps a new mirror
(for purely aesthetic reasons) - but there are no "defects" and the
camera is in perfect cosmetic condition. I'll see what a job they do
and what price-tag they'll put on the repair. And of course inform
You when I recieve such info.

It is nice to experience continiued support for the OM-gear from the
representatives in a country, even if the country is as small as
Denmark.

I was also informed, though, that the OM2000 would probably never
make its way to Denmark for various reasons. So I guess I will save
up for the 3Ti afterall :)

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen