Re: [OM] a new OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] a new OM4
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:26:57 -0500
Hello, Thomas.  The Zone System was pioneered by Minor White (I think) and
codified by Ansel
Adams.  Very roughly, the idea is to establish an ideal EI and development time
for your
materials and to meter correctly.  It really only works in all its aspects with
large format
view cameras, field cameras, etc. since each piece of film can be processed
separately.  The
most succinct and useful explanation of its use for 35mm is in a little book
called The Zone
Six Workshop by Fred Picker.  It's available (at Amazon, probably) and well
worth studying
IMO.  For someone who shoots as much B&W as you, I think it would be helpful.
My copy is a
few decades old and very well used.
Regards,
John