Re: [OM] a new OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] a new OM4
From: Garry Lewis <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:41:31 -0600
>>I was fuzzy on White's involvement, but he was in on the act at some early
>>stage wasn't he?)<<

Minor was the first to write the most popular "simplified" instruction book on
the zone system. He later , with Richard Zakia(?) wrote a revised edition
which expanded into "not so simplified". The best thing about Fred's book was
the simple instruction and the customer support.
Fred Picker (according to people on my "Pure Silver" list group) retired and
sold his rights to his product line to Calumet. A look at his website
for his Vermont school has a date of Aug 1996. The only item being handled by
Calumet,under the Zone VI line, is an apron.
            The thing that alway amazed me was that I never found the original
Adam's manuals all that hard to understand! The biggest problem for me was
finding a supplier(in 1965) that would handle all the verious chemicals needed
to try the various formulas in the books. Well enough rambiling.

    yours how many here remember the YOB System,

                        Garry D. Lewis