Re: [OM] Om 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] Om 2000
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:49:07 EST
>Does anyone have any comments on how this camera compares to an OM-1
or OM 4 --
>er I mean obviously it won't be as durable as an om 4 but beyond that
how
>about in the area of critical components (is shutter accurate, light
meter
>accurate, focusing accurate, camera shake (due to mirror) when taking
pictures,
>feel of camera)...

I have some experience with the Nikon FM-10, which is it's Cosina
sibling. As compared to the OM single digit series, the Cosina cameras
are lighter, have a better shutter, but may be less durable and have
less features. I find the half depressed shutter release method of
turning on the meter wierd, and the location of the shutter speed
selector switch annoying. The Cosina camera has some very limiting
features, such as lack of a motor drive and non-interchangeable
focusing screens. It is not a professional camera, but OK for a
beginner.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright