[OM] polaroid instant 35mm slide film???

Subject: [OM] polaroid instant 35mm slide film???
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:17:42 -0800
Dirk,

I used this film several years ago for macro photography, and all I can say is
that is not
too good for general photography.  The film (with the developer) is on the
expensive side
but the auto prcessors are rather inexpensive.  I shot microprocessors with it
because it
did have a pretty good line resolution for images such as this.  The B&W had
pretty good
contrast. However it does not have the resolution of some of Kodak's films such
as
Ektagrahic HC slide film (B&W) or Kodak Technical Pan Neg film. The contrast on
some of this
pretty good but not as good as those Kodak emulsions.  The colors were not
standard and the
emulsions were not too durable.  Again films such as Kodak Vericolor slide film
blow it away
for technical work.  Although the Polaroid stuff is sometimes fun to use, it is
way too
expensive and the novelty wears off quick.

Phillip Franklin