Re: [OM] 2gabe watch continues

Subject: Re: [OM] 2gabe watch continues
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:44:17 -0500
George Sears wrote:

> eBay has no reason to protect a buyer,
> only the seller, a damned shame it is.

I was chatting with my cousin about "2gabe", and he had just read an
article in the business section of the paper (San Jose, CA I think)
about the problems eBay was having with fraud.  They have their hands
full with the real thing, as opposed to 2gabe's monkey business.
Remember, he hasn't stolen anyone's money, and he has a bunch of happy
customers.  He's a jerk, but not yet a criminal.

eBay has a serious problem with overseas fraud, apparently.  There are
certain categories to watch; computer parts, antiquities, Native
American stuff, coins & stamps.  The article said watch out for items
said to be in the U.S. but whose image is hosted on an overseas server
(however you do that) and for remittance addresses to a Box # with a
street address as well, especially if the street address happens also to
be a Mail Boxes Etc.!

Morgan Sparks