RE: [OM] Question about reflections

Subject: RE: [OM] Question about reflections
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:36:10 +0100
Hi,

> I have come accross this phenomena also. It has nothing to do
> with photographing throug double glazed windows or using a filter. It
> will also occur without either of them with the normal 1.8/50mm.
>
> I think it is produced by internal reflections,

This is actually what I myself am also afraid of. However, as I do tend to
use a UV filter for lens protection purposes, it may be that that did cause
it (at least it's a few more surfaces that can potentially reflect light).

The next time I'm going to take similar night pictures I'll try doing them
without these filters, and then I'll see whether it still happens.

Any ways of preventing/curing internal reflections?

C-ya!
Olafo