Re: [OM] Conversion of pentax screw bellows to OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Conversion of pentax screw bellows to OM?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Jan 2000 17:58:53 +1000
Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> >Yeah.  An M42 lens is a bit smaller.  I've heard rumours of a magic
> >M42 adaptor that fits *inside* the OM mount, but never seen one.
>
> I'll have a rummage around a few shops before I hack up my old 28mm...

The m42 adaptor with lens is quite common, but may cause vignetting.
I'd love a lensless one if anyone finds a source.  I don't even care if I
lose infinity focus.

> >Why not find a crappo OM teleconverter and saw it in half to get the
>
> Because I don't need to - neither the OM 10 nor 28mm mushroom farm ("Focal"
> brand, bought _new_ from K-mart for A$22.95) are of conceivable use to
> anyone in their current state.

OK, understood.  You mean "dead with maggots" dead, not "currently not
working but theoretically fixable" dead.

> If I'm already converting, I'd be better off just converting to OM mount
> and not using any adaptors, wouldn't I?

Depends on mechanical difficulty.  At least an off the shelf part will
have exact right angles where they're needed, and not wobble.

> Couldn't I reverse any sort of lens of the right filter size, regardless of
> mount or focal length? Take pity, you're confusing me with all these
> options!

Um, yeah.  Sorry.  Any lens reversed would do.   An m42 lens would fit
both ways, and be cheap because they're out of fashion.

cjb

--
 ------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
 | Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |