RE: [OM] Tamron 28-200 Zoom -Reply

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron 28-200 Zoom -Reply
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:07:05 -0500
Scott,
Thanks for the info.  Think I'll do it.
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
<<My only complaint is that it tends to move out to the 200mm position as I
walk
with it.>>

I also had this problem, it is NOT normal. I think this defect is a common
manufacturing problem. I sent the lens to Tamron and they fixed it under
warranty. I can now walk around all day without the lens creeping out to
200mm.
If you can live without the lens for the standard 6-8 weeks, send that puppy
in!
 BTW, these lenses have a long warranty period (~5 years?) another plus.