RE: [OM] Tamron 28-200 Zoom

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron 28-200 Zoom
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:34:21 -0500
Robert,
Received this lens a year ago as a Christmas present, took it on our trip to
the Holy Land.  Love it.  Sharp, contrasty, reasonable close focusing.  My
only complaint is that it tends to move out to the 200mm position as I walk
with it.

I've had no problem with it and have put ~20 rolls through cameras as I've
used it in the past year.
There was an earlier model without the close focusing, my father-in-law has
that lens and is disappointed in lack of close up capability.

An improvement took place in the 28-300.  Better Cu performance and lens
locks in 28mm position to prevent drift, but is more $.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

At the risk of committing heresy, I am considering purchasing the Tamron
28-200
zoom.  Before I do so, I would appreciate hearing from anyone on the list
that
might have experience with this lens.  Also, I am open to considering a
Zuiko
zoom as an alternative.  I already have the 35-70 f3.5-4.5 and 75-150 f4
lenses,
but I would like a single lens that covers a wider range.

Robert Lewis