Re: [OM] Black vs Chrome/Titanium WAS: OM-2S question

Subject: Re: [OM] Black vs Chrome/Titanium WAS: OM-2S question
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:53:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Rick Beckrich wrote:

> Seems to be a lot of attention being given to "powder coating" as a finish
> in other fields. Don't know if it's increased durability, or just cheaper to
> produce. But, I understand it can be a DYI project. Anyone tried it?

Ah yes, the finish of choice for motorcyclists building "specials" to be
ridden rather than looked at.  Primarily because it is very hard wearing
and very protective against corrosion (we put salt on our roads in
winter, so that's really important).  It's also relatively inexpensive.

I'm not sure it would be good for camera bodywork, though - IIRC you'd
have to coat both sides and then it might not fit back on.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |