Re: [OM] Re: [OT] OSS etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] OSS etc
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:07:43 +0000
P-38 is the Lightning, made by Lockheed, twin engine, twin boom.  Plane
used in pacific theater due to long range (P51 had long range also).
Plane used to shoot down Yamamoto.
Rand E.

I thought that the P51's long range came from drop tanks - which was a new idea for fighters.

One of my instructors on the Hunter simulator, back in 1978, had flown P51s during the war and had had the distinction (for us young tyros anyway) of having crashed one and walked away.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx