RE: [OM] OM-2S question

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-2S question
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:32:29 -0600
Tom,

Closest thing to "off" on a -2s is to put the meter switch on "Auto" and
the shutter speed to mechanical 60 or B.  Better yet, take the batteries
out or flip one of 'em over to cut the circuit.

Please do offer hardware to the list first!  It's commonly done here, and
our Zuikoholism prevents this from being a violation of netiquette.

Oh, and regarding Zuikoholism.  You got it bad, boy!  Bad!  <g>

Dave

On Monday, January 24, 2000 9:40 PM, Tom Scales
[SMTP:tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Well, I just got my 'new' OM-2S in the mail today.  So far, so good. It
is
> in absolutely perfect condition, not even any brassing.  I'll admit I am
> pleasently surprised.
>
> I put in new batteries and everything is going well.  I found the
> 'unofficial' documentation page and printed the book.  But I have a
> question:
>
> How do you turn the thing off?  I don't want to kill the batteries.  I
have
> the same question for the OM-4 I just bought.
>
> I REALLY have to quit buying or I'll have a 500 pound bag.  Every time I
> turn around I find something I want (not need, just want).  I have found
> myself up to ten (yes, 10) bodies.  I also have lenses flooding in.  For
> example, I bought a 35-70 f/4 and before I even got it, I found a 35-70
> f/3.6.  Oh yes, and the 24 f/2.8...and the 28 f/2.....and the, and
> the....still need a decent portrait (oh, lusting after the 80 f/2).
 Jeez,