Re: [OM] OM Photos for your critique

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Photos for your critique
From: "Tobias Andersson" <tox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:14:15 GMT
Ron!

You have shot some nice pictures. I especially like the nature images in fog.

HOWEVER.
Seeing your pictures, I'm surprised that the rest of the list doesn't react! You have manipulated most of your pictures using Photoshop, right?
For instance:
http://caesar.bizland.com/places/stonebrdg.jpg
http://caesar.bizland.com/places/stnbrdg.jpg
These are both the same image, but edited with a program like Photoshop. The colored one has been changed quite a lot, I think.

I think it's a bit unethical to edit the images like you do - without telling the audience, that what they are seeing, isn't the original, but a fake one.

I like this image, but did it really look like this in the original version?
http://caesar.bizland.com/places/ptwolfe.jpg
I suspect that you have edited the saturation... Makes the image so much better. Lack of colour...

A couple of eamples above.

Still one has to have a good image to work with from the start, else the result will not be good, nomatter how good you are at using the computer. And many of your images are good!

Finally my question is this:
AM I THE ONLY ONE ASKING HOW MUCH ONE CAN EDIT AN IMAGE, BEFORE IT'S TIME TO TELL THE BEHOLDER?
Am I the only one noticing this in Ron's images?

Any thoughts?

Regards
Tobias Andersson
Halmstad, Sweden.