Re: [OM] 90/2 & 2XA (was: 135/4.5 & 1.4XA)

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2 & 2XA (was: 135/4.5 & 1.4XA)
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 09:20:05 -0800
I tested another combination aimed at this problem.  A 90/2 with the
IS/3 1.7x converter lens on the front.  This combo makes appx a 160mm
F/2.5 macro. (My 4T showed the converter lost almost 2/3 stop of light.)
But, 2.5 is still pretty fast, 160 is longer than anything we've got.
And on Gary Reese's test pages, you'll see that this combo far
outperformed the 90/2 + 2x.  This one is a B lens all the way, the
other? Fs and Cs mainly.

George