Re: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 02:08:22 EST

> I have a few 4x6 in front of me showing this flare. It is a pinkish colored
>  spot. It is always on the same side (between 7 and 8 o'clock). It starts
>  about 1/2" from the side of the prints where it is more pronounced and
>  smaller and goes up to the right, spreading to a lighter pink. It looks the
>  same as if a flashlight was lighting this area of the pictures.

You have to remeber that the image is up/down left/ right reversed in the
camera so, looking at the back of the camera. The light leak starts at the
right of the negative and goes downward to the left.  The light leak is
probably at the reset switch for the film counter.  You can find it above the
film rails on the right as you look at the open back of the camera.

Camtech (John Hermanson) and Olympus Guy both sell seal kits of you are
handy.  You just may as well get a CLA (clean lube and adjust) with foam seal
replacement done at the same time.

Warren