[OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.

Subject: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.
From: j.leonarddesigner@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 18:05:32 -0500 (EST)
Hi OM users,

I really need your help on this one.
About a year ago, my sister bought a used OM2-Spot at a trade show. It
seemed to work fine until she started taking pictures with it.

On some of them (I would guess almost half of her pictures, but not on all
of them) there is a  VERY bad flare showing on the left side.

I have a few 4x6 in front of me showing this flare. It is a pinkish colored
spot. It is always on the same side (between 7 and 8 o'clock). It starts
about 1/2" from the side of the prints where it is more pronounced and
smaller and goes up to the right, spreading to a lighter pink. It looks the
same as if a flashlight was lighting this area of the pictures.

Now, I believe it is a bad case of light leak but I am not sure. I would
like to know if any of you had experienced the same.
Is this coming from the camera or the lens? Is it a big problem to fix
(would that be expensive)?

She has 2 lenses a Zuiko 50mm 1.8 and a Vivitar Series1 70-210 zoom (I
don't remember the exact mm of that lens). She could not tell me if this
problem was happening with both lenses.

So, can someone help me with this. If it needs an expensive repair I guess
she could not afford it. She would probably end up selling the camera.

Thanks for reading and I am waiting anxiously for your replies,

Jacques Leonard