Re: [OM] 85 F2 & Soligor 500mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 85 F2 & Soligor 500mm
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:03:06 -0800
At 11:10 PM 12/21/99 +0800, you wrote:
>Dear Barry,............
>I have both 85/2 and 100/2.8 lenses. I don't know how to test the lenses or
>comment on thier performance technically. But so far .......... all the 85/2
>pics really look very ........errrrrr........
>sharp / contrasty / the colours just jump out / resolution of fine detail
>like say checked shirts etc , are all superb.
>
>I can't say the same for the 100/2.8. The pics just don't have that
>brilliant colours......
>
>The f/2 just makes the viewfinder oh so  bright ........

Thanks TM, Joel and others who responded. While the tech tests are nice, it
is the flavour of the lens you have answered and that is what I needed. Now
I have another Zuiko I must have.

Unfortunately there has been no response re the Soligor Mirror -- does
anyone have any experience or know anything about this lens? It is in truly
immaculate condition and the price seems not bad, but I personally have had
very little to do with mirror lenses.

Look forward to hearing the collective wisdom.
Merry Xmas
Barry H