Re: [OM] OHP FWD>the future of Olympus OM system 35mm SLR?

Subject: Re: [OM] OHP FWD>the future of Olympus OM system 35mm SLR?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:12:15 -0600
What may be puzzling you is the statement:  "Unfortunately, we still have
no concrete plan for discontinuation of the OM cameras and accessories."  I
think what this means is that there is no information that can be given
about plans to discontinue OM.  If so, he could have just as easily said
"fortunately" as "unfortunately."  The problem is that you want
information, and he won't give it, which is unfortunate for someone,
presumably you.

I think he's basically telling you what John H. also just posted (about
honoring the 10 year support), but don't use this information to draw any
particular conclusions about the future of OM, which nevertheless he
implies is on the ropes.  I think it is actually a pretty revealing post.
Unfortunately.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA