Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 14:57:45 GMT
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:10:10 -0500, Morgan wrote:

>Joel, I still don't get it. . . .wouldn't a faulty ASA dial cause the
>same error in both the preview reading and exposure timing?

I've had the dirty ASA resistor syndrome in an OM2-Sp and OM2-n.

In the former case, the exposure was very *underexposed* both in the
dispaly and on film (in Auto mode). It certainly looks as if the ASA
resistor controls both in the 2Sp.

For the 2n however, the metering is by "springs and bits of string"
(like the OM1) so the symptoms here are that you get an entirely
sensible reading on the meter, but a very *overexposed* negative or
slide in auto mode.

Regards

--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)