Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S and reciprocity failure
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 23:20:21 +0800
I have made side to side comparison with my OM-4 (good one) and 4Ti (fault one).
With the same lens and same reflective media (same piece of film) I was lucky
that both got the same meter reading (I know meter reading not related to film).
But the 4Ti's auto exposure read a longer shutter speed - 2/3 stop or more at
1/60s and below. There is NO problem above 1/60s (by setting the memory on,
you can see the actual exposure reading in auto mode).

For the 2sp I had, I have tried to point to a darker area, stop down the
aperture one by one, count with an analogue watch, the exposure time just not
increase in the order of 1,2,4,8,16 but non linearly. I can't remember exactly
but could be 1,3,10,40....  While my OM-4 and 2n is exactly 1,2,4,8,16... My 4Ti
also increase non linearly but not as worse as my 2sp.

A slide test already confirmed my 4Ti is over exposed at below 1/60s, while the
manual exposure is very accurate. Anyone care about their camera's accuracy at
low light level can perform the test I mentioned above, it is very easy just a
stop watch can do.

P.S. not every 4Ti have the same problem, one of my friend's Champagne 4Ti is
good.

C.H.Ling