Re: [OM] Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay
From: Richard Lahrson <tripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:08:07 -0800
> >     What's so difficult about using your browser's bookmarking software?
> >Netscape shows the closing date and the item title.  I don't see it as such
> >a big deal.  If you lose interest, delete the bookmark.  I watch  20 to
> >a 100 eBay auctions like that.
>
> My eBay is MUCH easier - by checking one page I can see my high bid,
> the current high bid, the number of bids, time left, and whether the
> reserve has been met on ALL the items I'm currently interested in.
> Why would you check 20 to 100 pages when you could check just one?

Hi!

     Well, I find it easy to use bookmarks and stay out of this low-
bid-for-the-record reference stuff.  EBay's search engine provides searches
on a bidder's current and recently completed auction.  I just don't
want that type of bid on my record.  If other bidders are doing this,
I can find out through the search engine to see if that's what's going
on, should they happen to be bidding on an item that interests me.

    I've got no axe to pick with those who low bid for a reference.  It's
perfectly legal.  I just don't care to disclose  anymore of my interests
to other bidders than necessary.

                                        Cheers,

                                                        Rich Lahrson
                                                        tripspud@xxxxxxxxx