Re: [OM] focusing screen?

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing screen?
From: Tom Trottier <Tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:36:40 -0500
There is another explanation. The lens could be too dim. This could be
caused because
a) it has a small aperture, or
b) because the auto diaphragm is not working.

It could be "a)" if your widest f/stop if 4 or higher, or if the diaphragm
is stuck on a small aperture.

To test b), take the lens off and adjust the f/stop setting. If you can see
the diaphragm narrow, your lens needs CLA (Clean, Lube. & Adjust).

Tom

From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o  Voice: +1 613 291-1168 fax(no ads, please): 594-5412
  _ \<   "Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein
(*)/'(*) TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx