[OM] Olympus Camedia 2500 Results

Subject: [OM] Olympus Camedia 2500 Results
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:27:22 -0800
Giles & others interested,

Here are some of the test images from the OM Camedia 2500 along with
some scans from the OM 4 & OM 3 and some Nikkor shots of a Ford F450
specail order Everest (yes, a $70,000 p/u according to the ad man)
designed to tow 30,000 lbs. All scans on a Minolta QS35 Plus at original
scan size of 28mb.

Camedia only ajustment was autolevels and crop from 6.71mb file
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/test1_2500.jpg
compare to
OM 4 Kodak Gold 50mm/1.4 only autolevel adj. & crop
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/test1_om4.jpg

Camedia problem only crop & autolevels
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/front_2500.jpg
compare to
OM4 Kodak Gold only crop & autolevels
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/front_om4.jpg

Camedia sample for color/contrast/shadow detail
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/test2_2500.jpg

OM3 75-150? with Kodak E100S only auto level (needs serious color adj!)
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/test_e100.jpg

Nikkor 16mm full frame fisheye (nikon N90) Kodak Gold no adj except auto
levels
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/wide_in.jpg
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/wide4.jpg
a QTVR movie (still a little rough)
http://www.phillipfranklin.com/sample/truck_qt.mov

Note to all........Nikon has introduced it's long anticipated D1 3ccd
2.7 megapixel which uses all Nikkor lenses and is susposed to be
reasonably priced
Will Olympus introduce their 3ccd 2.7 megapixel which will take all
Zuikos???? Stay tuned.  I think a 3ccd will be the only way to get good
color/contrast/shadow with todays ccd arrays.  I'm almost certain that
Olympus will have to introduce a 3ccd to stay in the
prosumer/pro-market.

Phillip Franklin