Re: [OM] infrared metering

Subject: Re: [OM] infrared metering
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:15:07
At 04:22 PM 11/3/99 +0000, sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>But shouldn't you be metering without the filter in place and compensating
>for it?  The recommendation, was to meter w/o filter at 400asa and then
>apply a suitable filter factor.

yeah, that may work, i don't know, never tried it. when i get some time (in
daylight - now that standard time has kicked in and I get home in the dark
every day), and i'm not busy doing something else, i'll have to load up my
one roll. but, i think i only have one lens that accepts the deep red 49mm
filter anymore, so my view will be limited to the 50mm that i do have. i
changed the seals in both cameras so i guess it doesn't matter which one i
use. i read somewhere that ir film without the filter looks pretty much
like ordinary b+w film. the red filter is required to get the white foliage
and other strange effects.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright