Re: [OM] 24mm shift vs larger formats

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm shift vs larger formats
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:06:56
At 04:39 PM 11/3/99 +0000, sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have recently been offered an MPP 4x5 camera with Schneider 90mm
>S.Angulon (translation: sheet film camera with LF equivalent of 24mm shift
>lens) for £500.  Much better value than the Zuiko (I'm sorry if that
>comment offends any of you suffering with extreme Zuikosis).

My wife has always loved LF and wants to eventually get one for
architectural shots. I have decided to get a Bender 4x5 (250$) or maybe
even an 8x10 kit (350$). I have already purchased a wide angle lens that
covers 8x10, well sort of anyway. I bought an old Metrogon 6" arial mapping
lens, just the cells actually, since a shutter has to be adapted to it. The
front and rear elemets were 35$. The cost to make it into a real WA lens is
going to be over 10 times that (about 400$), but WA lenses that cover 8x10
are in the 1,000$ range. I'm also getting the Bender 4x5 pinhole camera kit
(70$), just for fun. All of the Bender stuff is on the web:
http://www.benderphoto.com

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright