Re: [OM] And the Winner is...

Subject: Re: [OM] And the Winner is...
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 00:17:54 -0500
Very interesting--nobody has tried talking me out of the OM-4Ti yet.  I
guess it is a good choice after all.  Now if I mentioned that I was
selecting a Minolta or something I'm sure that I would have been served for
dinner as the main course.

An idea that I'm beating around in my skull is getting a NEW OM-4Ti so I
can get the warrenty, know that it is probably perfectly operational and
attempt to support Olympus with a NEW purchase, thereby attempting to keep
the product line alive.  (used market doesn't help their sales figures too
well).  Given the price difference between used and new cameras I see
little reason to buy used in this case.  However, I can see myself swapping
the OM-1 and OM-2S for a second used 4Ti or 3Ti.

As far as the 350/2.8 is concerned:  I can find several reasons why I
"need" that lens, but I'd also like to get the 300/4.5, 1.4x TC, 21/2,
100/2 (or 90/2) and a slew of macro gear.  By the time I'm done (ya right),
I'll be at the $10,000 level, I'm sure, but I'll have one KILLER outfit.
Oh, did I mention an MD-2?

I've already been talking to my insurance agent.

Ken Norton