Re: [OM] Assumed reflectance of film for OTF

Subject: Re: [OM] Assumed reflectance of film for OTF
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:04:30 +0100
: I've seen the work by others which shows reflectance values for different
films
: compared to an 18 0ray, but can we assume that 18 0s the value assumed by
the
: Olympus engineers?

Olympus investigated the reflectance of 55 best selling films and averaged it.
They found no more than 20 0eviation (= 1/5 stop) from this average in colour
film, and 30 0eviation (1/3 stop) in b/w film.

Source: Die Welt des OM Systems, Franz Pangerl. He claims to have asked the
question to Maintani himself. He also names three films that have too much
deviation because of their strong surface color: Agfaorto 25, Orwo NP 15 and
Kodak IR b/w film.

H@nz