Re: [OM] om4 vs om4t

Subject: Re: [OM] om4 vs om4t
From: "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:19:08 +0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris C <yj.canavos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 1:20 PM
Subject: [OM] om4 vs om4t

>I have decided to finally buy a om4/om4t this weekend but am not sure
>which one of the two I will end up with.  I am siding with the om4
>because I figure it will cost quite a bit less.  Besides the ability of
>the 0m4t to sync at all shutter speeds are there any other differences
>between the cameras?  Is there any way of identifying if an om4 has a
>battery eating problem.  Is the metering system in the two cameras
>identical?  How about the electronics?  Are the both equally reliable?

I'd say, go for the 4Ti. The OM 4 has this battery problem U mentioned. So
if U are going to spend, why take the risk ? I do not know how to tell if it
has the batt problem.

The 4Ti has the full synchro flash which I have been reading from this list
is pretty useful and spot on all the time. I use fill flash almost all the
time. Therefore, I am keen on getting an F280 flash  which is frustratingly
impossible to get here in S'pore. I see it as a natural choice to go for the
4Ti since U are going to spend that amount of money.

TMLee, Singapore