Re: [OM] Film Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Storage
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:54:43 +0200
*- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> Was his name Joseph Isuzu ?

No.

>    So is your Fuji contact saying the film has unlimited shelf life ? If
> not (and mine have exp dates) ask him just what happens by the expiration
> date ?

I think I see your point. As both you and I know, the colors might
change during time. But to the *bad*, not to the good.
On the other hand, what colors you and I think is to the good may vary.
But this is what they say anyway (about not needed to age a film).

>   So you are saying they are shafting the pro-film users ?

I am not saying anything, I was just referring to what Fuji says.
But *if* you ask me, I say that people pay for something not needed. The
same goes with the Sensia II 200, 400 and Provia 400, 1600 (Sensia II
400 and Provia 400 is exactly the same film!) as you now can get the MS
100/1000 (called RMS) which characteristics are better than the ones
above. In fact it has the same resolving power as Sensia II 100 at all
IE between 100 (normal) up to 1000! The RMS granularity are also as good
as the Provia 100 and Sensia II 100, and better compared to the rest
above ISO 200.

>    So basically, the Fuji FAQ is saying the company is engaged in a
> deliberate fraud scheme ?

Well, the *do* say that the base of the professional films are slightly
more dense...

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen