Re: OT Re: [OM] Desiccant source/silica gel source?

Subject: Re: OT Re: [OM] Desiccant source/silica gel source?
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 21:21:24 -0700 (PDT)
>>>Never saw any water logged hygroscopic silica gel either. Doesn't mean
it is ineffective. Anyone who bakes knows that there is a tremendous
variation in the moisture content of wheat flour.  Grain absorbs moisture.
Besides, Asian rice has to have the talc washed off before it can be used.
Now what is the talc for? To keep the moisture laden rice grains from
sticking together.<<<

Talc?! All this time I thought it was dust "rice dust" You know.
What about American rice, then? (Or does the US not produce any rice? I
have not the slightest idea...and before you ask, I am NOT gonna dig up
rice production statistics ;-))

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
"Nothing left to win / And nothing else to lose."               --U2