Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 06:01:25 -0400
>>Good job on picking up on my implied disdain. :>)  And great wording
too.  I went to the linked story and read it.  Yes, it's scary. No, it's
nothing new.  There was a massive problem in Japan with mercury-tainted
fish decades ago. There was, if I recall correctly, much human damage
sustained of the type described in your article.  This of course is
unacceptable, and is part of the reason some (all? - I doubt it)
mercury-based products have been banned by our all-powerful US EPA.>>

Sometimes these things do seem a bit silly... but often the reason things like
this are banned is not because they are dangerous to the user but because they
are dangerous to the workers that manufature them, who must be exposed to toxic
substances perhaps over a span of forty years or more.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at