[OM] EFS-1 newsflash+++newsflash+++newsflash+++ ;)

Subject: [OM] EFS-1 newsflash+++newsflash+++newsflash+++ ;)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 03:16:20 +0200
I just visited Imageks (you know, the laughing stock of digital photo world)
website to see what the latest availability prognosis was for their digital
insert EFS-1, and found a couple of interesting things:

- the name of the company is changed into Silicon Film, the website is
http://www.siliconfilm.com/
- the old website at http://www.imagek.com still exists but is under
construction
- the availability prognosis is, yes, obviously postponed for the zillionst time
to late fall 1999 (was: late summer 1999)
- the resolution is still 1280 x 1024, memory still CMOS
- the real news is that they have now published a list of compatible cameras:

"Because the SLR cameras differ in dimensions, EFS-1 is designed for the
following higher-end SLR models:

C*N*N           N*K*N
-----------         ----------
EOS 1N        F5
EOS A2/5     F3
                    N90/F90

These prosumer cameras were selected based on the profiles of potential
customers from our Website Guestbook and their compatibility with our system
design. A broader range of cameras will be addressed with future products."

Now my question is: looking at the internal size of these cameras, would there
be any reason why this contraption, if it ever sees the market, won't fit and
work in an OM body?

I tried to fill their survey ("guestbook"), but had to stop at the question what
camera brand I use. It was presented as an option list with only three values,
and guess what: Olympus was not amongst them....
((((

hnz