Re: [OM] (Fwd) batteries & import fees

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) batteries & import fees
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:45:39 EDT

> >I bought a battery for my OM-1 last week in our local camera shop. it
>  >is a "Zinc/air" battery which has been designed to replace mercury
>  >batteries (PX625 and PX13).  It provides 1.35V and is the correct
>  >size for fitting. I am in the UK and can't speak for availability in
>  >the rest of Europe. It cost GBP5

Now that you've made a capital investment in the adapter you can buy regular
hearing aid batteries.  I use the Duracell DA675 zinc airs. Please be aware
that these are not a direct replacement for the mercury cells and there is
some alinearity in the metering response. See the archives for details. Back
to the capital investment, which is a metal washer around the zinc cell. Once
the battery is used up, you can replace it with another zinc cell. I does
require a bit of force but can be done.