Re: [OM] Camara for beginner

Subject: Re: [OM] Camara for beginner
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:32:14 -0700
For a beginner I would say OM2000.
Spot meter, all mechanical, new warranty, and no cracked shoe problems.
I think the fixed shoe is a big consideration.  Also the reliability of a
new
camera that will not need a CLA and seals.  Get a 35 70 lens to start.
Every thing there is compatible with future OM's you may buy.

IMHO

I was just at a brand new school to do some team shots and the
publishing / photo class had a bunch of new in box Canon Rebels.
They may learn to take pictures with them but they have a lessened
chance to learn photography.

Charlie L.