RE: [OM] Camera for beginner

Subject: RE: [OM] Camera for beginner
From: Smoliga Nick Contr AEDC/SVT <Nick.Smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:32:30 -0500
It's like adjusting the valves on an old air cooled VW (30 minutes including
wash up time), or maybe adding a SCSI card and a scanner to your WIN 95 PC
(less than 30 minutes), trivial for some, impossible for others. Some
perfectly fine and otherwise capable people have trouble operating light
switches and toasters. They're best served by a point and shoot camera.
Others revel in technical arcana, and feeding an OM-1 with the proper DC
voltage is a minor issue for them. The balance pick and chose their path
depending on the circumstances. I use mercury cells when I can find them,
and go with zinc-air cells (formerly Wien, now the cheaper hearing aid type
with an adapter from the Olympus Guy).

Nick Smoliga
smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SvT TF12 - Investment Projects