Re: [OM] Camara for beginner

Subject: Re: [OM] Camara for beginner
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:59:41 +0100
Nicholas wrote:

>> a PX625 Mercury battery, CRIS adapter, Wein Zinc-Air cell, or an internal
>
>How much of a problem is this?  This is one thing I've read about and
>concerns me a little.  I suppose that I'd have to purchase supplies via
>mail order only.

Maplin still sell them (part number FM18U) though they will not be
available much beyond the end of this year.  But you should get 5 yrs use
out of one with care.

>> The OM-2s will probably get votes too, but it's a bit more $$, not to
>> mention the OM-4, etc.

You should be able to pick up an OM-1n with 50/1.8 for around 125 - 150
UKP, and an OM-2n for not a lot more.

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross