Re: [OM] Aerial Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Aerial Photography
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 08:20:28 +0200
>Chris,
>
>I once drove the length of Nevada on a photo expedition.  Remember a view
>from the
>highway down a slope with a number of wooden targets in the distance.  The
>sign at
>the roadside said: "Ca*tion - Lo* Flying Ai*craft."  The *'s were holes
>about 30
>mm in diameter...Had you been there?  ;-)
>
>Gary

Not me guvnor, honest guvnor... we did not take any bullets with us, fun as
it would have been.  Anyway the Tornado's Mauser cannon take 27mm so it
can't have been Brits ;-).  We did take 1000 pound bombs however, and there
was the odd misidentification of targets going on - but all within the
range danger area.

I would love to go to that part of Nevada on a photo expedition.  There
must be so many different lights available at the beginning and the end of
the day.  Well we're off to sunny Greece, the Halkidiki Peninsula I think,
on 2 September for a few days - so wish me luck in finding something
memorable to photograph.

Chris