Re: [OM] Aerial Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Aerial Photography
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:26:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/99 7:51:26 AM EST, cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> See what I mean? Recce is dangerous and it's no fun ;-)

    Oh, I've heard some stories from the recce guys that sounded like fun-
Everyone knows there's no room in your cockpit for luggage when you get
posted away from home, I think USAF uses old empty napalm pods as luggage
carriers... but I've heard they also regularly remove the cameras from their
recce pods and fly recce "training" flights from say.. Florida to Maine and
return with the recce pods filled with lobsters on ice...and the Navy/Marine
Corps fly from their Pacific carriers to Alaska and return with King Crab for
their dinner...very innocent stuff, until, that is, the General stops by and
asks to see the day's photos---...uugghh.... General, you know how those
airport X-rays ruin the film ?...wellll, I must have a leak in the radar
because the strangest thing happened to the photos ........

George S.