Re: [OM] A Soft Answer Turneth Away Rays

Subject: Re: [OM] A Soft Answer Turneth Away Rays
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 01:55:08 EDT
Olaf ( Ogreve@xxxxxxx)  writes:

<< The twelve loose rolls didn't suffer any X-ray damage, but the roll in the
 camera did have something weird: I had taken some 12 photos on that roll,
 and then finished it off in The Netherlands. All pictures taken in The
 Netherlands had excellent colours, and nothing was amiss, but the ones that
 I had taken in Japan (and hence we're not in the _cannister_, but just in
 the _camera back_ when it went through the X-ray machine) looked really
 weird. >>

Olaf,
       isn't the point here that you had "prefogged" (actually normally
exposed) the film and hence increased it's sensitivity to the X-rays? I
believe prefogging is commonly done by astro-photographers to improve film
sensitivity. It reduces the film's non-linearity (reciprocity problems) at
low light/em radiation levels.

Regards,

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx