Re: [OM] A Soft Answer Turneth Away Rays

Subject: Re: [OM] A Soft Answer Turneth Away Rays
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:41:56 +0200
>My brother returned from Europe with a *happy* story about evading the
>scanners.  After some of the tales of woe I've heard about this on list, I
>thought many of you might be interested in his narrative. Good Iowa boy.
>
>Joel Wilcox
>Iowa City, Iowa USA

[...]

>if they would accommodate me.  I was then sent over to a nice female
>inspector, and I helped her open all the cartridges.  I thanked her
>enthusiastically.  I had escaped Heathrow--unscanned!

He was most fortunate Joel.  Amateur Photography over here has supported a
campaign to prevent the use of scanners with film and cameras.
Unfortunately, the latest tests, reported in this week's AP, say that films
will not be harmed except by repeated scanning, and only higher speed films
at that.  This was a "leak" of the report so we'll have to wait for the
full text.

Chris