Re: [OM] OM-4 Ti info

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Ti info
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:04:05 +0200 (MET DST)
I was surprised to find OM3Ti and 4Ti brochures in French in the local
camera shop that still has many Olympus items (the explanations about the
difficulties for foreign purchases follow). To my surprise, and sadness,
they were not up-to-date. The OM4Ti "black" brochure contains the lised zoom
lenses : 35-70/3.5-4.5 and 3.6, 35-105, 50-250, and 85-250. Rather
strange list. No mention of 65-200 or 100-200, and the recommendation
list for the 2X A teleconverter is rather small: 100/2.8, 200/2.8 and
50-250 zoom. There was no date on the brochures, but I would like to know
the period they correspond to. They are really really nice ones.

I talked to the shop owner about the shipping of the items to abroad. It
is really sad to learn that the shipping prices are $%^$!@... He said a
body or a lens can be shipped at a price around 150-200 CHF!!! I
suspected that he could try to earn from shipping, so I went to a post
office, and voila, the insured shipping really costs something like
that. How about the non-insured shipping? A hefty 100 CHF!!!

No wonder most of the OMs are still there...