[OM] never produced goodies?

Subject: [OM] never produced goodies?
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:50:57 -0700
>Phillip, are you sure this was badged Olympus and sold by them or just a
third party accessory available also for Olympus? >>

I can't say for sure.  I saw it in a photo retailer in Northern
California in the late 1970's.  I could not afford it at the time but I
was (an still am) very interested in doing close-up photography.  I
ofcourse now have the Oly bellows and I know it was not the same color.
The dealer was a big time Oly fanatatic at the time and had most of the
line in the '70's.  However it was a shifting bellows with a Oly mount.
An associate of mine has the Nikon shifting bellows and the problem is
finding a lens which will cover the shifts which are small.

However what I am hoping for is a digital back for the OM bodies.  It is
likely that the standard lens will have coverage for these shifts on
most current size chipsets.  Remember the Imagek cartridge idea.

In the meantime I shoot product an old 4x5.  However the film and
processing gets expensive.  The idea of using 35mm system with Zuiko
glass is intriguing but still not practical.  Maybe some one will offer
a 35mm solutin.

Phillip Franklin
Phillip