Re: [OM] never produced goodies?

Subject: Re: [OM] never produced goodies?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:18:15 +0200
: Strangely enough, in these there are 2 300mm lenses mentioned, one f/4.5
: the other f/6.3. I have only heard of the f/4.5 up to now.
:
: In the latter brochure the are also 2 400mm lenses mentioned, one f/4.5 and
: one f/6.3. I have never seen the f/4.5.
:
: There is also mention of a second bellows, the Auto Bellows-S with tiltable
: front standard. Has anybody ever seen one?

These units were designed but never put in production. I've seen an OM book on
the camera show in Houten - aaarrgh I didn't buy this book :-(   - that actually
contained a picture of a prototype of the Tilt (and/or Shift?) Bellows showing a
text like 'in development'. If Olympus would have put this bellows in production
it would have been, without any doubt, very expensive. So what stopped them? ;)

Btw, Hama has a Standard Bellows and a Shift-S Bellows. The latter is like an
optical bench and the price difference between the two is huge. These bellows
are still available with lens mount adapters for all brands.

hnz