Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:14:09 -0700
>I am confused.  What has shifting the shutter speed ring got to do with
using a T32
>in TTL?  Are we talking about using the flash manualy or in auto TTL?  If
the
>latter, I didn't think the shutter speed ring had a part to play as the
camera is in
>auto and you adjust the speed by adjusting the aperture, so to speak.

If I have this right, the OM2 does not close the shutter after the flash is
quenched.
It does however quench the flash after proper exposure is made.
This allows for a longer shutter speed in order to add ambient light for the
background etc.
Subsequent models set the speed automatically to 1/60 or 1/30 and closes the
shutter when the flash is quenched.  No extra exposure is possible in TTL.

>The manual certainly seems to have been
>written for a lowest common denominator of users:  it also recommends using
>f5.6 to "provide good results," which seems very conservative for a flash
>with the power of the T32.

You are so right.  They wanted every shot to "come out" I guess.
I would have liked to see a more advanced version of the manuals for
all OM cameras and flashes.

>What in blue blazes is "accidental dial shifting"?

They are spacemen in blue blazers!

Charlie L.