Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>I bought a T32 some months ago as part of a package deal with the
>intention of selling it, but I've decided to shoot with it a bit to see
>if I can really part with it. It's pretty straightforward, but I am
>surprised by a couple statements in the manual.  One is this:

Oy, HTML? Tsk tsk tsk... Joel.

>electronic flash at the shutter speed of 1/60 sec. or slower. However, to
>eliminate any possibility of accidental dial shifting, it is recommended
>you use the 1/30 sec. setting (p. 23).
>
></paraindent>

Ditto--same here in my book.

>What in blue blazes is "accidental dial shifting"?

I took it to mean that you won't shift the shutterspeed dial to 1/125 by
accident. If you have it at 1/30, and you clikstop, you either end up at
60 (good enough) or 15 (there goes your shot unless tripod mounted). Or
that's what my mind came up with. YMMV (your mind may vary) ;-)

>I also NEVER shoot at 1/30 sec flash sync unless I'm deliberately
>blending ambient light.  Do any of you routinely shoot at 1/30 sec?

Likewise; great minds think alike, hehehe

/Acer Victoria
--
goosnargh