[OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting

Subject: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:41:19 -0500
I bought a T32 some months ago as part of a package deal with the intention of selling it, but I've decided to shoot with it a bit to see if I can really part with it. It's pretty straightforward, but I am surprised by a couple statements in the manual. One is this:

The OM-4, OM-2N symchronizes with electronic flash at the shutter speed of 1/60 sec. or slower. However, to eliminate any possibility of accidental dial shifting, it is recommended you use the 1/30 sec. setting (p. 23).

What in blue blazes is "accidental dial shifting"?

I also NEVER shoot at 1/30 sec flash sync unless I'm deliberately blending ambient light. Do any of you routinely shoot at 1/30 sec?

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA
<thismessagewasdeliveredviatheolympusmailinglist> <forquestions,mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <webpage:http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html>