Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:51:51 -0700
>>The OM-4, OM-2N symchronizes with electronic flash at the shutter speed of
>>1/60 >>sec. or slower. However, to eliminate any possibility of accidental
>>dial shifting, it is >>recommended you use the 1/30 sec. setting (p. 23).

>>What in blue blazes is "accidental dial shifting"?

I think they mean somehow accidentally bumping the shutter speed dial and
moving it to 1/125 etc.
I never found this a problem until the spring in the dial either wore or broke.
Now I need to check it every shot.  I am not using the OM2 until I can get it
fixed.

I think the OM2 and maybe the 2n will fire the shutter at all speeds regardless
of the flash OTF exposure.  Newer models will shut the shutter after sufficient
light.
No dragging the shutter for ambient light.  At the same time these newer models
will automatically set the shutter speed to 1/60 when the flash is mounted and
turned on.
Good and bad in each system.

I don't know which ones do the later but the OM2 exposes at whatever speed you
set and you must set to 1/60 or slower manually.

>>I also NEVER shoot at 1/30 sec flash sync unless I'm deliberately blending
>>ambient >>light. Do any of you routinely shoot at 1/30 sec?
>>
>>Joel Wilcox

It would not matter much as long as the ambient light is low enough to not
effect the exposure at the chosen f-stop.

That's my opinion and if it's wrong I have others.  :-)

Charlie L.