Re: [OM] 4WD OM carriers (was Random Spewage)

Subject: Re: [OM] 4WD OM carriers (was Random Spewage)
From: "Gregg Iverson" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 19:42:42 -0400
Some years ago while covering TOW missile practice for National Guard
units in Virginia (with my OM 1), I happened upon two vehicles who had
tried to occupy the same part of a turn in the dirt road while coming
from opposite directions.  One was the newly introduced Hummer, and the
other the jeep that was being replaced.

The bumper of the jeep was bent back about one inch and the hummer had a
flat tire and substantial damage to the front quarter of the vehicle.
Round one to the jeep!

Gregg Iverson

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> <snip>

  Repeat to yourself: "Wider is better" until you encounter dense forest
or ancient European city streets. Then it becomes !@#$%^&* and you wish
you still had an M151A2 (for which narrower was very dangerous going
round corners too fast).   ;-)